Tips to Stage Your Home to Sell
- Clean, declutter and depersonalize. Anything if view is taking up space and closing in the space. If you wouldn’t see it at a posh hotel, then get it out of sight. Get rid of family photos, paperwork, and boxes.
- Evaluate the space. Get rid of large bulky furniture or redo layouts. Turn any empty spaces into a small home office or workout area. Go around the house and touch up any nicks or imperfections.
- Evaluate the color or style of the space. Nothing freshens up a space than a new coat of paint. Also use rental company or borrow furniture if your style doesn’t appeal to everyone.
- Don’t leave any space untouched. Don’t cram everything into a closet or basement. You are selling the whole house and buyers will be peaking into closets, basement and attic spaces, so make sure everything is clean and organized.
- Call in a stager if you don’t know where to begin. They can help with where to start, storage ideas and getting rid of the personal touches.